What some of
customers think.


"I would like to thank Drainforce for an excellent job. I would reccommend Drainforce to friends and family.


Mrs Jones


"Drainforce's provided a fast and effective when unblocking my drains. the staff were polite and proffesional.

Thank you.

Mrs Evans

We can cover any of

Drainforce LTD.
Heol Ffaldau,
Brackla Industrial Estate,
CF32 2AJ

Drainforce is part of the Drainforce Group. We provide a wide range of drainage services from CCTV surveys, drain unblocking, drain cleaning, drain repairs to domestic, commercial and industrial clients. With 20 years experience to ensure your drains are clear and running free.

When you need help with your drains, call us first!

Drainage Repair

Drains and Sewers can be fixed in a variety of ways depending on the type of damage and location. First off a CCTV survey is required to identify and locate the drainage defect/problem. Once this has been completed we can then recommend the most cost effective repair. For Example if a drain is collapsed then excavation is the only option to dig down and replace the collapse with a new section of pipe. Don’t panic this is not a problem for us. We can dig down repair and reinstate your defect with in the day!

When pipe defects such as fractures, breaks, cracks, displaced joints or open Joints are causing blockage and clogged drains then our state of the are pipe re lining Equipment can be used saving you time and money as the drain repairs can be completed with out the need for a messy dig downs and can be completed form the existing manholes causing no disruption to you or your family.

If the repair is localised to a short section then a glass fibre structural Epoxy patch can be used to repair a spot defect such as a break or displaced joint in the drain

Excavation Dig down Drainage Repairs

If Relining or Patch repairs are not possible then Excavation may be the only alternative to fixing the defective pipe. No matter where your drain is located we will carefully dig down and reinstate your property like new. All our field crews have a wealth of Knowledge and are all qualified to industry standards.

All out teams hold Street Works Supervisor Level, Confined Space and Relevant plant and machinery tickets.

We can complete Insurance works for you and we are also an approved Welsh Water Contractor. All our work is logged daily and recorded for future reference.

Once complete our CCTV crews will complete a post rehabilitation survey as proof of the repair.

What ever the problem with your drainage weather you are building laying new pipe and want to connect to an existing sewer or require a build over agreement or have a problem with an existing drain please call Drainforce for a free no obligation quote.

What is Drain Pipe Re Lining

No-dig technology or relining is the quickest and most cost-effective way to repair a faulty drain or sewer. We install a liner which bonds to the inside of the pipe — affectively a pipe with in a pipe! This causes minimum disruption when restoring your drains and sewers

Drainforce can reline drains from 100mm up to 1.5 metre pipes or culverts.

Welsh Water Approved

Drainforce are the only client in Wales to have the state of the art Ultra Violet UV lining Systems. This system can line pipes with a 70 Year Guarantee. The System allows for a quality process and full CCTV of the host pipe before the curing process take place. There fore you know you are getting an excellent finished product. Drainforce are a leader in the UK Market with Contracts with Welsh Water and London Underground. Drainforce also offer polyester liners, Vinylester Liners, Bravo Liners and Epoxy Liners. We can complete liners with ambient cure or with our large boilers for hot cure. What ever the lining job we have the kit and expertise to do it right!

Sewer Pipe Lining Wales

MD Drains Services have carried out numerous drain repairs using lining techniques for Welsh Water and London Underground both in South Wales and London saving the end client time and money where sewers have been extremely deep and where excavation would have been very costly!

Drain Terminology:


This is one of many methods of repairing a drain or sewer by installing a pipe within a pipe without the costly need to dig up the ground.


This is the same as pipe lining however is used for localised repairs.


This is a sock or tube of material made of felt or glass fibre made to the required size and length of sewer required to repair or renovate. This is dragged or inverted into the pipe and inflated and cured so it goes hard and creates a pipe within a pipe.


Resin is a liquid substance that is used to cover the liner with. The resin is like glue that goes hard once the liner has been dragged into position.


This is one of the methods to install a liner. The Tube or sock is blown through the damaged pipe with compressed air.


This is the way in which the resins are turned hard from liquid state. Many methods can be used such as Hot Water – Steam or UV light which is the best method

FAQ and Information

General Drainage

The transfer of private sewers and lateral drains – what it means and how it will affect you

This is a UK Government initiative to remove the costly burden away from property owners, who can face potentially expensive costs or complex ownership issues when Drainage issues occur within their sewer pipes.

On 1 October 2011, the water and sewerage companies in England and Wales will be taking responsibility for a large section of privately owned sewers, and drains located outside of your property boundary (known as lateral drains). At present these pipes are the responsibility of the owners of the properties they are connected to.

Water and sewerage companies have written to every property in England and Wales to notify property owners and occupiers of the transfer and explained what the situation meant for them as house owners.

Please find information below to show what this transfer means to you and provides answers to frequently asked questions about the transfer.

What is a private sewer?

A sewer is a pipe that carries foul water from more than one property. Most are owned and cared for by the local water and Sewerage Company.

A variety of roads, properties and even large estates are connected to private sewers, which are owned and need to be maintained by owners or occupiers of the properties connected to them.

What is a lateral drain?

A lateral drain is the part of a drain which lies outside the property boundary. Lateral drains connect either to a private sewer that drains to a public sewer, or directly to a public sewer. Lateral drains are the responsibility of the individual property owner they serve. Lateral drains may lie under private or public land including highways.

A drain is a pipe that carries foul water away from one property. Drains belong to the owner of the property they are connected to, even if they go under someone else’s land or a road. A drain is the property owner’s responsibility until it connects to either someone else’s drain or a sewer.

Nearly every property is connected to its own private drains, and the property owner is responsible for maintaining and repairing theirown drains. Some properties have shared drains, such as a block of flats. Owners of these properties share responsibility for their drains.

How the transfer will affect you Download Guidlines

On 1 October 2011, private sewers and lateral drains will automatically transfer to the water and sewerage companies.

The pictures below show the current situation regarding ownership of drains.This shows that you will no longer be responsible for

  • Private sewers that you may share with another property owner.
  • The section of your property's drainpipe that lies outside the property boundary.

Your local water and sewerage company will be responsible for these sections of pipes after 1 October 2011.

Please note that you will still retain the ownership and responsibility of the drain serving your property within your property boundary, as highlighted below.

In the diagrams below the green pipe is the responsibility of the property owner, while the pink pipe is the responsibility of the water and sewerage company.

Detached property

Current ownership After 1 October 2011



Semi-detached property

Current ownership After 1 October 2011

Terraced property

Current ownership After 1 October 2011

Block of flats

Current ownership After 1 October 2011


Reporting a blocked drain? “What should I do??”

If your drain becomes blocked and clogged, you usually know because your sinks, baths or toilets stop working and the water either runs away very slow or not at all. In bad cases Manholes and gullies may also start to overflow and cause a flood.

If there is a bad smell or blockage, contact Drainforce on 01656 651010. We will be able to clear the blockage give advice and resolve any potential future issues

If you find a blocked gully, grating, ditch or drain that causes road flooding, please contact your local council or Water Authority.

Preventing a blocked or damaged drain “How can I stop my drains from blocking?”

You can help stop drains and sewers becoming blocked or damaged in many ways.

Disposal of Waste

When foreign objects other than waste water are flushed down the drain, this can cause problems. For example, oils and fats can solidify and cause smells and blockages. The following items must not be flushed down the drain:

  • waste food
  • paints and solvents
  • fats, oils and greases
  • disposable nappies and wipes
  • condoms
  • sanitary products
  • bandages and dressings
  • animal waste
  • cotton wool and cotton buds
  • razor blades
  • fuel
  • Dildo’s

Building Work

You’re legally required to inform your local council planning permission department of building work or works to repair, reconstruct or change the course of a drain.

What should I do??

make sure building work doesn’t damage the drain or sewer. If it is damaged the Local Water Authority must be informed

always allow a safe working area around drains for repairs and maintenance

Do not discharge surrounding material that supports and protects the pipe work

Making a new connection??

Foul and surface water drains are usually separate systems, usually for houses built in after 1950.

Firstly you need to notify the water and sewerage company if you intend to connect to any of the sewers or drains for which they are responsible.

Be careful to connect to the correct drain or sewer if:

  • you change the plumbing arrangements of your house (for example, the outflow from a washing machine (sulage)
  • you make a new connection

If you connect surface water drains to a foul sewer, you might contribute to sewer flooding.

If you put foul water into a surface water drain, you will cause pollution and might be prosecuted

Keep vegetation away from drains and sewers if possible to create less of a risk of roots getting into your drain.


Drainforce LTD. Heol Ffaldau, Brackla Industrial Estate, Bridgend. CF32 2AJ

website design by